The Art of Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas (Nicci Battilana)
Join Artist Nicci Battilana and create many sketches & Oil Pastel art pieces based on one of our favorite Tim Burton films, The NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS. Students will be sketching and colouring right along with Nicci in our virtual classroom. During the first class you will practice the themed sketching techniques & experiment with using a water-soluable pencil. In the second class you will learn to add layers of watercolour. In your final class you will expand by adding even richer colours by incorporating oil pastel blending techniques. By working in layers with your art materials you will achieve Tim Burton styled art. Just think, you can give your completed art creations away as gifts this year!
Classes begin on November 2nd, 2020.
- Mondays 3:30 - 5:30pm (3 sessions) Ages 9-14
- Thursdays 3:30-5:30pm (3 sessions) Ages 14-18
- Wednesdays 10am-12pm (3 sessions) Ages 18+
Supplies that students would need to have in order to participate in the class:
- Printer paper (20 sheets 8.5"x11"),
- Watercolour paper 130lb (10 sheets about 9"x12") or a mixed media journal,
- pencil crayons (red, black, green, orange, brown, yellow + your favourite colours),
- oils pastels (small set with the same colours),
- Small Watercolour set (basic colours),
- sketch pencil (basic pencil is fine),
- Aquarellable Stabilo pencil in black (#6046),
- paper towel,
- #8 round paint brush and two cups for water.
- **These colour supplies can all be student grade (aka Crayola and/or Pentel).
- ***OPTIONAL: Pentel Pocket Brush Pen in black (Nicci's favourite pen), a black (#N15) and a grey (#N75) TomBow ABT marker.
Nicci Battilana, also known as Nicci Dot C A, is a local mixed media artist who creates colourful and playful portraits. These portraits are big eyed characters with bold features. Each has their own quirky (and sometimes outlandish) personality. When asked to describe her artistic style, Nicci responded with “I say mixed media with no ‘rules’, but maybe the true definition should be something like …. a mix of Disney like female characters drenched in Kool-Aid, add a dash of Tim Burton and a wack load of thick black eyeliner…. Ha ha. ”
Nicci is currently working on a self-published ART TUTORIAL book themed on ALICE IN WONDERLAND! You can pre-order your copy here: (Art Journaling With Alice) https://www.etsy.com/ca/
You can also watch her create every week over on Nicci TV : http://www.nicci.tv